Cybercriminals today have become more advanced and sophisticated than we could’ve ever imagined in the past. They are no longer lone wolves finding exploits in systems and exploiting them for personal gain. Now, they hunt in groups with specialized roles, working together to bring down large systems with denial-of-service attacks, steal sensitive data and extort organizations with customized viruses, spyware and malware.
Thankfully, security specialists do have the tools and skills to patch exploits and deal with cyber threats, but the number of trained specialists in the field is much lower than you might think. According to Cybersecurity Ventures, an estimated 3.5 million vacancies could be available by 2021, showing just how in-demand these skills are.
As of now, hiring a security specialist is an expensive endeavor and for small or medium businesses, it can prove tricky to find the right people at an affordable price to help protect your organization from online threats. Thankfully, there are other options to help ensure that your business is protected with the right means.
Security Operations Center (SOC)-as-a-Service
A security operations center is essentially a unit that manages any security issues within an organization. Due to the staff, hardware, tools and overall investment required, a SOC isn’t typically something to invest in if you’re just a small or medium-sized business. In fact, a SOC is typically implemented into a large organization that experiences a lot of data traffic flow. Despite this, there’s no denying the advantages a SOC can offer for a smaller business, but this is where SOC-as-a-service can actually come in handy.
SOC teams typically use expensive and advanced hardware to find system vulnerabilities and detect anomalies in the network. Once a problem emerges, it’s up to the SOC team to track it down, fix it and also patch any exploits or vulnerabilities that were used in order to start the attack. Instead of having to hire several specialists and purchase expensive equipment, SOC-as-a-service gives smaller companies an ideal balance between cost and security. By outsourcing the security of your business to a third party, you can have 24/7 protection at a fraction of the cost yet still take on all of the wonderful advantages that having a SOC offers.
Why Invest in SOC-as-a-Service?
SOC-as-a-service offers many of the security benefits that you can expect to see from a regular SOC, but at a much lower price point and with more flexibility. Here are some of the ways that SOC-as-a-service can benefit your organization.
- On-call security experts – Having security experts available 24/7 means that you can manage security threats, patch vulnerabilities and protect your corporation from online threats at all times. Having on-call experts means that your staff can also report faults or problems with your systems so that your business works more efficiently.
- Reduce costs on technology – Paying for SOC technology can get incredibly expensive especially if you’re a medium-sized business that has to monitor a lot of data traffic, or even just a small business looking for a convenient and small solution. SOC-as-a-service helps you cut down on expensive technology costs while still allowing you to protect your business with ease.
- Simplified budgeting – Unlike setting up your own SOC, SOC-as-a-service helps you simplify your security-related budget by having a fixed adjustable cost each month that represents the level of service you’re after. This results in lower operating costs and better affordability for professional security measures.
- Easily analyze your security measures – Whether it’s ranking threats, managing alerts or gathering data to improve future systems, SOC-as-a-service makes it easy for you to view your security-related measures and data so that you can make informed decisions in the future.
- 24/7 protection – No longer will your company be vulnerable outside of business hours. SOC-as-a-service gives you the ability to protect your business without actively being at your office or needing to monitor your systems at all times. 24/7 protection means you can keep your business safe around the clock and not have to worry about having staff work late nights or in different time zones to protect your company.
- Built-in compliance reporting – In today’s world, protecting your data is a huge priority because it ensures the safety and security of not just your organization, but that of your customers. Compliance and regulations help to keep businesses in line so that they can offer peace of mind to their customers and also keep their data safe from cybercriminals.
SOC-as-a-service ultimately helps you cut down on the complexities involved in managing your cybersecurity solutions. It’s something that would traditionally take specialized in-house experts to set up and maintain, but with SOC-as-a-service, you can simply outsource it to experienced professionals have the tools and skills to help you safeguard your business. In addition, the 24/7 monitoring that SOC-as-a-service offers mean that you can keep your business safe regardless of the time of day or year.
As hackers find more sophisticated ways to take advantage of exploits and vulnerabilities, our businesses will be constantly put in danger and immediate security updates and patches are needed in order to protect our companies. With SOC-as-a-service, you can take the concern of cybersecurity out of the equation and leave it in the hands of a trusted specialist so that you can focus on growing your business instead of keeping criminals out.
How BitLyft Cybersecurity Can Help
BitLyft Cybersecurity offers SOC-as-a-service to help businesses of all sizes to safeguard their systems, protect their networks and ensure no cybercriminals can steal their data. With experienced specialists helping to manage your business’s defenses and answer any security-related questions and concerns you may have, it’s the ideal solution for a convenient and flexible cybersecurity solution.
Our services aim to provide you with a simple no-nonsense solution to keep your business safe from online threats. If you’d like to learn more, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us today to speak to one of our friendly representatives. We’ll help explain the services we offer and how they can be customized to your exact needs.